Who are we?
CBN Europe is a registered charity in England & Wales (The Christian Broadcasting Network UK, registration number 110 1659) and operates a trading subsidiary under the name CBN Resources Ltd (company number 10853789). CBN Europe is a Christian mission organisation, sharing the Gospel through media, humanitarian projects and the distribution of Christian resources in the United Kingdom and across Europe. Our daily TV programme is called ‘The 700 Club’ which can be seen on TV (TBN UK, Revelation TV) as well as online on our website at www.cbneurope.com. CBN’s animated Bible series ‘Superbook’ can be seen on TV as well as through our online website and through the Superbook app. CBN creates and distributes resources based on the Superbook series to Churches, Schools and Families. CBN operates a Prayer ministry, offering prayer and follow up materials to encourage, help and inspire.
Visitors to our website
When someone visits cbneurope.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Information about how you use our website and actions that you take on it.
- Contact information, such as, your name, title, address, email address and phone number.
- Demographic information such as your preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to surveys and/or offers.
- Donation and purchase history (we have a legal obligation to keep this).
- Any other information that you submit to us through the website through form submissions or comments posted.
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and also but not limited to the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our communications, services, products and promotions.
- We may periodically send ministry updates, promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact information which you have provided.
- From time to time we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise our websites and other communications according to your interests.
- We will never share your data with other organisations unless we outsource part of our processes to trusted parties (third party providers).
Our legal basis for processing your personal data
- Email Communication – Consent – We will only send you emails if you have given us your express consent to do so. There are some exceptions this, for example, if you have a contract with CBN Europe (such as signing up for a user account) we may send you emails (which you can unsubscribe from at any time) based on the terms of that contract or if is directly in relation to a donation, product or service that you have made, purchased or subscribed to, such as, a confirmation receipt of a donation.
- Reach magazine monthly mailing – Legitimate Interest – All recipients of this magazine have subscribed to it through our website or over the phone. Subscriptions can be cancelled any time by ringing our call centre at 0300 561 0700.
- Website Access – Contractual – To access some parts of our website you need to create a user account. By doing this, you agree to our terms and conditions and allow us to process your personal data in order to provide you this service.
- Donations, Purchases or Subscriptions – Contractual – If you donate, make a purchase or subscribe to one of our services such as Superbook Academy, the Superbook Club or Superbook Schools we have to process your personal data in order to fulfill that service.
- Data Protection Obligations – Legal – Under the GDPR we have an obligation to ensure that the data we retain about you is up to date and we may contact you from time to time to check that your data is correct.
In the interest of clarity, this list is only a short summary of some of our main processing activities. For more information about something specific, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com
Consent for your personal data
By consenting to this privacy notice you are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified. You may withdraw consent at any time by exercising your Right to Restrict Processing. Please contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our Data Protection Officer will ensure that CBN Europe will comply with your request within one month of receipt and ensure that the processing activities that relied on your previously given consent will be stopped.
Special Category data you might decide to share with us:
From time to time we may collect, store and process special category data that you share with us for specific reasons. This data could include information about race, ethnic origin, politics, religion, health, sexual orientation or information about children. We will only store special category data you voluntarily share with us – and only collect, store and process this sensitive data for the purpose you allow us to do so, with your specific consent.
Third party processors we use to process your personal data:
Any third parties we use are outlined further down in this policy, providing clear information who has access to your data for the purpose it was intended for. We have strict agreements in place with all our third party processors in order to safeguard your data.
We use a third party database provider, DonorPerfect, to store and manage most of our personally identifiable information. DonorPerfect have some of the highest accreditations available for technical and organisational data security. This means that your data is kept safely under lock and key. For more information, please see DonorPerfect’s compliance information.
We use a third party service, WP Engine, to host our website and store much of the personal information that this site collects. This service has an EU-US Privacy Shield certification. This means that they have exceptional standards of data protection in compliance with UK and EU regulations, keeping your data safe. For more information, you can see WP Engine’s privacy notice here.
We use a third party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our email updates and promotion. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs to help us monitor and improve our emailing. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice.
We will only email you with content that you have consented to receive or is directly related to a product or service which you have purchased or subscribed, or a donation that you have made.
If you are receiving emails that you don’t want, you can stop them simply by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of all our emails. Some emails such as donation confirmations and purchase receipts are automatically generated and cannot be unsubscribed from.
We may also use your email address to send you messages and promotions we think you might like through social media services such as Facebook, Instagram and the Facebook Audience Network.
At CBN we don’t want to send you generic communications. We want to send you tailored messages and promotions that we think you will be interested in. To do this, our website uses a Facebook Tracking Pixel. This is a small piece of code on our website that tells Facebook what pages on our website you have visited and logs actions that you may have taken, such as making a purchase through our store or signing up for our email list. We can then use this information to send you relevant communications at the right time. To find out more about what information is collected and how it is used see the Facebook Data Policy.
To opt-out, log into Facebook and go to www.facebook.com/ads/preferences. If you are not on Facebook you can block third party cookies in your browser settings. For more information read the documentation for your website browsers settings.
People who contact us via social media
We use a third party provider, Hootsuite to manage our social media interactions.
If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will be stored by Hootsuite for three months. It will not be shared with any other organisations.
People who call our helpline
When you call the CBN’s helpline we collect Calling Line Identification (CLI) information. We use this information to help improve its efficiency and effectiveness. We only record calls with your consent. If your call is recorded, it will only be used for training and monitoring purposes. All call recordings are stored securely and deleted after ninety days.
People who email us
We use Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic in line with government. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit. We may also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
People who use CBN services
CBN offers various services to the public. We use a third party to deal with some publication requests such as Reach Magazine and Power for Life, but they are only allowed to use the information to send out the publications.
All orders from the cbneurope.com store are fulfilled by CLC International. In order to complete your order we need to share some of your data with them. However, CLC are only allowed to use your data for the purpose of fulfilling your order. For more information, please see CLC’s compliance information.
We have to hold the details of the people who have requested a service in order to provide it. However, we only use these details to provide the service the person has requested and for other related purposes including but not limited to informing you of other services or promotions we think you might be interested in. We may also use information about people who have requested a publication to carry out a survey to find out if they are happy with the level of service they received.
When people do subscribe to our services, they can cancel their subscription at any time (unless it has been expressed otherwise) and are given an easy way of doing this.
We will retain your data for as long as you are donor with us or have purchased or are subscribed to one of our products or services, or have given us your consent to do so, or there is a contractual or legal obligation to do so, or where a legitimate interest exists. If none of these reasons for retention apply, then your data will be deleted from our systems after a period of time. The length of time varies depending on the nature of the data and how it was collected. For full details on CBN Europe’s retention policy contact our DPO via email at email@example.com.
Donations and purchases
Under UK law, we have a requirement to securely hold a record of your donation or purchase for 6 years plus the current financial year.
Your rights as an individual
At any point while we are in the possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that CBN Europe refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined below
Complaints or queries
CBN tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of CBN’s collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below.
If you want to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can contact us at: https://www.cbneurope.com/contact.
Access to personal information
CBN tries to be as open as it can be in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the GDPR. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to CBN for any personal information we may hold, you need to put the request in writing, addressing it to our Data Protection Officer to the address provided below, alternatively you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by, once again, contacting the Data Protection Officer.
Under the GDPR you also have the right to erasure, this means that if you would like us to delete any or all data we hold about you we are happy to do so. Simply put in your request with our Data Protection Officer via email to email@example.com.
Before we can fulfill any of the requests outlined in this section we will need you provide sufficient evidence of your identity. Full instructions will be provided upon request.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice is subject to change. Please check back to ensure you stay updated on how we use your data.
Data Protection Officer
In line with the GDPR, CBN Europe is overseen by a Data Protection Officer to ensure that we maintain excellent standards of data protection in every part of our organisation. Our Data Protection Officer is Jeremy Aldous-Fountain and he can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at the address below.
How to contact us
Data Protection Officer
PO Box 700