Gift Aid FAQ

Your giving could be worth almost 25% more – at no extra cost to you.
Make your donation go further with Gift Aid.

If you’re a taxpayer in the UK, Gift Aid allows CBN Europe to reclaim tax on donations you’ve made to us. That means for every £1 you have donated; the government will give us an extra 25p – at no further cost to you.

Frequently Asked Questions

Gift Aid is a government initiative which allows charities, such as CBN Europe, to reclaim basic rate tax (25%) on donations made by taxpayers in the UK.

If you pay tax in the UK and you give your permission through a Gift Aid declaration form, we can claim 25p on every £1 you donate to us, making your gifts worth more to the ministry of CBN Europe.

To be eligible for Gift Aid, you must pay enough income tax and/or capital gains tax in the UK in that tax year (from 6 April one year to 5 April the next) to cover the tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) will reclaim through Gift Aid on your donations for that same tax year.

For instance, if you donate £100 a year, you will need to pay at least £25 or more income tax and/or capital gains tax for that tax year to qualify for Gift Aid.

If you pay a higher tax rate, you can claim the difference between the higher rate (40%) and basic rate (20%) on the total value of your donation, which you can pass on to the charity.

Visit the HMRC website to find out more about claiming back higher rate tax.

Simply complete our online Gift Aid declaration form.

All our online donation forms and printed donation forms also include a Gift Aid declaration.

Alternatively, you can call us on 0300 561 0700 and we’ll send you a Gift Aid declaration through the post.

A Gift Aid declaration is a statement made by an individual taxpayer confirming that they would like CBN Europe to reclaim tax on their donations.

A Gift Aid declaration covers past, present and future donations made to CBN Europe. We can claim Gift Aid on past donations that have been made in the last four years and we can continue to claim Gift Aid unless you tell us otherwise.

Please let us know if you want to cancel your Gift Aid declaration, change your name or home address, or if you no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.

No, Gift Aid can only be claimed on donations made by individual. 

Make your donation go further

If you’re a UK taxpayer, completing this easy online form lets us reclaim tax on donations you’ve made to us in the last four years.

If you have any more questions about Gift Aid, please contact us on 0300 561 0700 (UK), 0513 3738 (ROI) or +44 207 101 7045 (International).

Would you like to keep in touch?

Email me exciting news, updates and promotions.

By submitting this form you agree to the CBN Europe privacy policy.